An alternative form of dispute resolution
We help parents work in the best interests of their children
We help and support parents when they need it the most
West Midland Family Alliance Board
Over the last 2 years, Claire Field has been requested to attend various Legal conferences and seminars to talk about the programme. Through this forum, private Law solicitors have expressed their frustrations about the lack of support for parents other than mediation. The lack of knowledge within the judiciary system has also been identified through the Private Law Sub-group meeting. There is wider evidence that the court process itself risks escalating conflict to a point where it becomes entrenched. The court offers both a limited (and relatively late) intervention window and a wide variety of factors outside the court will influence the achievability and sustainability of any agreements reached (Nuffield Foundation, 2019).
We intend to set up a West Midlands Family Alliance board who will become a body of key stakeholders in the wider family breakdown system in the West Midlands region. Its purpose will be to ensure that the experience and expertise of professionals who work in the field of family breakdown, and children and families who experience it first-hand, are shared across all organisations throughout the West Midlands. This will help ensure that the work of the Alliance is relevant, accessible and impactful; and above all reflects the need to improve the support for children and families going through a family breakdown in the West Midlands.
Through this forum the Alliance will:
- Act as a sounding board, providing intelligence and insight from those affected by family breakdown on key and emerging issues in the West Midlands.
- Inform the National Alliance’s strategic approach and priority setting.
- Share best practice across the region of the West Midlands
- Help the organisations within the Alliance, and those further outside the Alliance, to understand the full repertoire of support available to those experiencing family breakdown, and thereby assist the National Alliance reach a wide audience and range of areas in England and Wales.
- Help to champion the work of the Alliance to other stakeholders.
- Provide those involved in a family breakdown in the West Midlands with a communication channel to key stakeholders, and an opportunity to hear feedback.
- To continuously strive to improve the family breakdown system in the West Midlands.
- To continuously strive to improve outcomes for children and families experiencing a family breakdown in the West Midlands through raising awareness of the resources available locally and nationally.
- We would like to hear your views on the good practice in the area and what are the barriers.
Please give a call or send us an email if you require any further information or expression of interest if you want to get involved with the West Midlands Alliance.
Call us in confidence
t 01562 700447
15-17 Church Street, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 1LU