An alternative form of dispute resolution
We help parents work in the best interests of their children
We help and support parents when they need it the most
Our Practitioners have extensive experience of working with families where relationships have broken down or in conflict. They can offer consultancy sessions on an individual, couple or family basis and can liaise with other professional if required. The Programme cover the child-related, emotional and psychological aspects of divorce and separation including:
- How to tell the children about the end of the relationship in a positive and helpful way.
- How children can be affected when parents split up.
- How to help children to manage grief and loss constructively.
- How to find better ways of communicating.
- How to establish a parenting relationship with your ex-partner.
- Setting up structures and arrangements that are likely to work well for the children.
- Managing any particular crisis well (eg. new adult relationships) that may arise.
The Parenting Apart Practitioners are specially trained and qualified to involve children directly in family session if this is required or supporting contact between parents. This involves direct advice and support to parents and child/ren:
- Parents for what to expect when they are due to appear before the family court. The privacy and discretion of these sessions can be ideal for exploring sensitive and delicate family matters.
- Offer direct support to parents with handovers and facilitating contact with the non-resident parent, which can be in the home or in the community, 7 days a week.
- Offer direct work to the child/ren, which includes ascertaining the wishes and feelings of the child. We support children to re-establish relationships with the non-resident parent providing it is safe. It is crucial that parent become involved and work at the pace of the child/ren. Both parents in full acknowledgement of any plans and arrangements for the future.
Call us in confidence
t 01562 700447
15-17 Church Street, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 1LU